Dinner tonight was steak and tomato salad, followed by banana splits…
- Yellow vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 1 container Bocconcini cheese, golf-ball-sized, drained and sliced in half
- 3 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced and crushed
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ground pepper
- pinch of salt
- balsamic vinegar dressing*
Slice the tomatoes and all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently and set aside.
The steak was fried in olive oil with 1/4 tsp. of bacon grease
I added 1/2 cup of white wine, pepper and salt half way through the cooking time.
When the steak was almost done, I put the salad on the plates and added the dregs of the salad dressing to the pan with the steak and allowed it to cook down and caramelize.
Remove the steak and let it rest for 6 minutes before serving.
- 1 banana per bowl, split and halved
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 chunks candied ginger per bowl, chopped
- 2 tbsp. ground and toasted almond
- 2 tbsp. dulce con leche