April 8, 2009 at 6:40 pm (Art, How I did it..., Photo processes, Photographs)
Image progression… Making photographic lemonade.
I was more or less just fiddling around but I like many of the resulting images.
I started off with a simple and not very good image of a CD disk which I had been experimenting with.
In Image 2, I had played around with isolating and softening the prism effect of the reflection.
After playing around with the image for some time I sort of set it aside.
Today (four years later) , I was looking for an image for this week’s PhotoHunter, which is “Triangle”. I decided to try a few tweaks which I have discovered recently.
In Image 3, I solarized it and then did it as a negative and enhanced the colour and light. Then I solarized it, again, and increased the colour saturation.
Image 4 shows the changes using my RGB colour balance, reducing the yellow and enhancing the magenta.
In Image 5, I, again, increased the colour saturation.
Image 6 is after shifting the colour tone to a monochrome.
In Image 7, I solarized it again and increased the colour saturation.
March 14, 2009 at 11:34 am (How I did it..., Photo processes, Photographs)
I have had a couple of questions from people wbout how I do some of my photo-enhancing to arrive at some of my more unusual photos.
I thought I would share, when I can some of the processes. I don’t always have the presence of mind to preserve a record of the steps but when I can, I will.
I don’t use Photoshop, although I do have Photoshop Elements 6.0, I don’t particularly like it because I don’t seem to be able to get around some of the processes. I use the freebie that came with my camera, Photostudio 5.5. I find it simple and intuitive and I am doing more of the work. It does have some flaws such as not being able to gently sharpen… it has set light sharpen, heavy sharpen… so I tend to flip over to the editing software in Picasa for a few of the processes it offers. Since it is free, as well, it appeals to my Scottish thriftiness (lol!).
So… for the first installment of “How I did it…” I thought I would illustrate the “hologram effect” that I achieved with the last photo in my “PhotoHunter: Four” photos.
The first image was:
The image was accidentally uploaded to my Fotki page as a small file 480 x 448 pix. and I lost the original so I had to enlarge it before I could do anything. I enlarged it to 1000 x 933 pix and lightened it slightly (using Photostudio) then sharpened it (using Picasa). The sharpening doesn’t show very well, hear, I think.
Then I, again in Picasa, I used the “Saturation” feature and increased the colour saturation and this produced the 3-D effect and a sort of hjologram appearance.